IA is where burning talent meets contagious energy, opportunity, and motivation to build some of the country’s biggest and most loved brands. Raring to make a difference within the industry?
- Location: Mumbai
The Director, Media Planning serves as a member of the region Media Planning & Buying team and is responsible for guiding the team using subject matter expertise knowledge. The role is ultimately responsible for ensuring that overall media strategy is sound, budget is used optimally basis campaign objectives and the universe of available inventory, both during tactical planning, and ongoing cross-channel optimizations. The director will also be an integral part of the new business team leading pitch presentations. This role is responsible for demonstrating a strong working knowledge of the Indian media space and available media research. The role sets the tone for how the account is managed by assuring focus on key client objectives and best practices. You will be required to manage a budget of 60-80Cr. With a team size of 3-4 individuals.
Seniority Level: Senior Level (8-10 Years)
Job Function: Media Planning
Employment Type: Full Time
- Act as subject matter expert on specific areas of media strategy, media planning and hold responsibility for leading a program of work related to it and infusing it throughout the agency (IE- best in class brand campaign, video budget allocation, etc).
- Oversight of all deliverables produced by their team, either by direct or delegated means.
- Ownership of evolving quality standard for planning deliverables (IE- Media Recommendation Template, Post Campaign Analysis, etc)
- Partner with other team leads, especially Analytics, Strategy to develop best practices
- Lead 1-2 non-client specific projects per quarter which grow capability, increase work quality, or add efficiency/optimization to our work product
- Actively manage the team member who owns the quality of Media Planning Milestone Meetings such as strategic and tactical presentations and post campaign analyses, often playing a leading role for high priority campaigns.
- Point of escalation for team issues (within and outside of team).
- Provide guidance for process /workflow enhancement, growing capability, increasing work quality, making us more efficient, or increasing satisfaction.
- Participate new business pitches while working with leadership team to develop a plan and presentations
- Responsible for 1:1 Marking of senior client stakeholder relationships
- Take a proactive approach with regards to capacity/resource management
Team Leadership & Development
- Embraces and encourages a culture based on team work, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity
- Motivates, leads, and manages internal teams, working collaboratively to drive programs that meet our clients’ performance and business objectives
- Drives adoption of stated account management best practices through example setting, positive reinforcement and behavioural correction
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, developing, and evaluating team members
- Provide training to their direct reports and bellow teams
- Suggest improvements in process and productivity optimization
- Ability to forecast expected outcomes of Brand and ROI campaigns and manage spend accordingly
- Proven expertise with relevant platform tools (DoubleClick Bid Manager, Google Adwords tools, Facebook tools etc), Media Research Tools (Comscore, GWI, TGI etc)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking
- Superb client relationship and management skills
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development and improvement
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10 years as a Media Planner & Buyer
What you can expect from Interactive Avenues
Interactive Avenue’s vision is to make advertising more insightful to the brands. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Interactive Avenues employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.Apply